第六堂
休闲娱乐
01 个人爱好
上网冲浪我最爱
dialogue
may is sending the e-mail to confi rm the order. but suddenly, theputer crashed.
梅正在向客户发电子邮件确认订单的事情,突然,电脑死机了。
may: oh, my god! john, what's going on with myputer? could you have a look for me?
梅:哦,天哪!约翰,快来帮我看看我的电脑怎么了。
john: oh! yourputer got a virus.
约翰:噢!你的电脑中病毒了。
may: what a bad news. i haven't saved the file and all information about my work is in it. damn it!
梅:这可真糟糕。我的邮件还没有保存,所有的工作资料都在上面,真要命!
john: don't you have the backups?
约翰:你没有备份吗?
may: seriously, no! i can not do anything withoutputer.
梅:说真的,没有。没了电脑我什么也做不了。
john: what you are saying is too exaggerating. you just mean you cannot live withoutputer?
约翰:你说的也太夸张了。你的意思是说没有电脑你就不能生活了?
may: yeah. i often use theputer chat with friends, watch films and play online games. now, online shopping is bing my favorite.
梅:是啊。我经常用电脑上网聊天、看电影、玩游戏,现在网购又成了我的最大爱好。
john: i got to say, you have be an indoorsgirl.
约翰:不得不说,你成了标准的宅女。
may: ha-ha, i love the internet.
梅:哈哈,我爱上网。
notes
1. damn it 真见鬼,真要命
2. got to say 不得不说,必须说
小贴士
how to protect online shopping from being taken in?
网购如何预防上当?
step 1. choose a regular and well-known website.
选择正规的、知名的网站。
step 2. when choosing sellers, to see its reputation and sales volume.
选择一些信誉较好,销售量较大的卖家。
step 3. do not use internet banking to pay but to choose alipay.
不要使用网上银行直接付账,而要采用支付宝等支付平台进行交易。
我为集邮狂
dialogue
dola is the front desk and in charge of the administrative work.
多拉是公司的前台,负责行政类的工作。
dola: roly,e here. here is a letter for you.
多拉:罗里,来一下,这儿有你的一封信。
roly: it's a letter of thanks from a consumer.
罗里:这是客户寄来的感谢信。
dola: wait a minute, roly, could you give me the stamp on the envelope? it's my taste.
多拉:等一等,罗里,你能把上面的邮票送给我吗?我很喜欢。
roly: are you collecting the stamps?
罗里:你集邮吗?
dola: yeah. i love collecting stamps. it's very interesting. they witness the development of the country. looking at these stamps is like reading the history.
多拉:是的。我喜欢收集邮票,这很有意思。邮票见证了一个国家的发展历程,看着这些邮票,就好像是在品读历史一样。
roly: sounds really meaningful. well, now it belongs to you.
罗里:听上去还真有意义。那好吧,这张邮票就送你了。
dola: thank you! by the way, you're handsome today.
多拉:谢谢你!顺便说一下,你今天真帅。
roly: oh, you are a quite smooth talker!
罗里:噢,你真会说话。
dola: i want to buy a set of newly issued stamps. would you go with me after work?
多拉:我想买一套最近新发行的邮票,下班之后,你能陪我去一起去吗?
roly: no problem. always with pleasure at the beauty's service.
罗里:当然。能为美女效劳,乐意之极。
notes
1. envelope ['env?l?up] n. 信封
2. witness ['witnis] v. 证明;见证
3. at sb.'s service 为某人效劳
小贴士
the classification of stamps
邮票的分类
definitive stamp 普通邮票(普通邮票既是最古老又是最为常见的邮票种类。购买普通邮票是交纳邮费的一种方式。普通邮票面值齐全,发行量大,票幅较小,图案比较固定。往往多次印刷。)
 memorative stamp 纪念邮票(纪念邮票是为某一事件或场合特别发行的邮票。纪念邮票主要面向的是收藏者,通常票幅比较大,设计印刷精致,图案丰富,不允许重印,有特定的发售期限。)
special stamp 特种邮票(为宣传特定事物而发行的邮票,基本上只要不是普通邮票和纪念邮票的邮票都属于此类,范围比纪念邮票更加广泛。)
welfare stamp 福利邮票(又称附捐邮票,是为福利、健康、赈灾、慈善等事业而发行的邮票。其面值分为两部分,一是邮资本身,二是附捐金额。世界最早的附捐邮票是1897年澳大利亚新南威尔士州发行的1便士邮票,其售价比邮票面值高12倍,多余的金额即用于捐赠。)
official stamp 公务邮票(公务邮票是政府机关单位用于支付公务邮件所使用的邮票。因此在一般邮局是不会看到有公务邮票出售的,而且它们也不能用于普通邮寄。)
airmail stamp 航空邮票(专为邮寄航空信件而使用的邮票。这种邮票一般都印有“航空邮票”字样和飞机图案。)
postage due stamp 签字邮票(是寄信人在寄信时未贴邮票或未贴足邮票,邮局发现后加贴的补收邮资的凭证,由收件人交纳邮费。欠资邮票不能作为邮资预付的凭证,邮局也不销售。)
e-stamp 电子邮票(根据邮资大小,由自动贩卖机打印不同面值所出售的邮票,又称自动化邮票。这种邮票无齿孔,无背胶,有的上下两边各有两个半圆形凹槽。)
棋牌最益智
dialogue
after work, simon and terry agree on meeting in the chess room of theirpany. now they are talking about chess.
下班后,西蒙和特里相约去公司的棋牌室。路上,他们谈起了象棋。
simon: speaking of chess, which one do you prefer, chess or chinese chess?
西蒙:说起象棋,你比较喜欢中国象棋还是国际象棋?
terry: for my part, i prefer chinese chess. there is a saying that “love me, love my dog”. my girlfriend is chinese.
特里:我嘛,当然更喜欢中国象棋。人家都说爱屋及乌,因为我的女朋友是中国人。
simon: really? are you good at it? i heard that chinese chess is very interesting. unfortunately i can't play.
西蒙:是吗?那你是高手吗?我一直觉得中国象棋很有意思,可是我不会。
terry: i myself am a rookie, too. to be honest, chinese chess is easier than chess. but the pieces are allowed a larger space. in china, there are many people playing chinese chess, so it's easy to find a teacher.
特里:我还是菜鸟啦。说实话,相对于国际象棋而言,中国象棋要容易得多,但是棋子的活动空间很大。在中国,下象棋的人很多,很容易找到老师的。
simon: you are right. i often see many eldly people playing chinese chess beside the road.
西蒙:是啊。我经常在马路边上看见许多老年人在下象棋。
terry:monly, the game between two masters can also make spectators nervous. you must keep thinking all the time to guarantee that you will not lose.
特里:通常两个高手之间的对弈能让旁观者都感到紧张。你必须得不停地思考才能保证你不会输掉。
simon: yeah. terry, could you teach me some rules about chinese chess? i'm very interested in it.
西蒙:说的对。特里,你能教我一点象棋的规则吗?我很感兴趣。
terry: no problem. as long as you don't mind that i'm a green hand.
特里:没问题。只要你不嫌弃我还是个菜鸟。
notes
1. love me, love my dog 爱屋及乌
2. rookie ['ruki] n. 新手,菜鸟
3. to be honest 诚实地说,说实话
4. spectator [spek'teit?] n. 旁观者,观众
5. guarantee [?g?r?n'ti:] v. 保证,担保;n. 保证;保证书
6. be interested in sth. 对……感兴趣
7. as long as 只要
小贴士
in chinese chess, there are a total of 32 pieces and are played in a 9-by-9 board. the horse can move along the diagonal of a double-gieds square; bishops can move along the diagonal of a square whichposed by 4 grids; rooks goes straight; cannons only can eat one piece by passing another piece.
在中国象棋中,总共有32个棋子,9*9个格子。马走的路线是一个“日”字,走对角;象走的路线是一个“田”字,也是对角;车可以走直线,前后左右都可以;炮要隔一个子才能吃到对方的棋子。
电视伙伴
dialogue
taylor and anny are talking about the plot of the tv show last night.
泰勒和安妮正在谈论昨天晚上的电视剧剧情。
taylor: hey, anny, did you see that tv series last night?
泰勒:嘿,安妮,昨天晚上的电视剧你看了吗?
anny: sure. every night i go to bed after watching this tv series. what's up? didn't you see it yesterday?
安妮:当然了。每天我都是看完这个电视剧才睡觉的。怎么?你昨天没有看吗?
taylor: alas, my husband wanted to watch the basketball match between the lakers and the bulls. so i watched the match all night.
泰勒:哎,昨天晚上我先生要看湖人对公牛的篮球赛。所以我看了一个晚上的篮球。
anny: what a pity! the plot was very exiting.
安妮:那可真遗憾。昨天的剧情十分精彩。
taylor: it doesn't matter. i can see the rebroadcast.
泰勒:没关系,我还可以看重播。
anny: in fact, i am one of kobe bryant's fans. how about the result? does the lakers win?
安妮:说起来,我还是科比的粉丝呢。比赛结果怎么样?湖人完胜吧?
taylor: 128:117. the match was intense and the lakers won the game difficultly. and…
泰勒:128:117。比赛很激烈,湖人打得也很艰难。还有……
anny: shhh…the boss ising…
安妮:嘘,老板来了……
notes
1. rebroadcast [ri:?br?:dkɑ:st] n. 转播,重播的节目;v. 重播,转播
2. fan [f?n] n. 扇子;狂热爱好者,迷
3. intense [in'tens] adj. 紧张的;激烈的,强烈的
小贴士
如今穿越剧、谍战剧充斥着银屏,面对那么多类型繁多的电视剧,我们要如何表达呢?
romantic show 言情剧
urban show 都市剧
archaic show 古装剧
idol show 偶像剧
ethical show 伦理剧
war show 战争剧
fantasy show 奇幻剧
historical show 历史剧
suspense show 悬疑剧
time-travel show 穿越剧
小说推荐